New e-Invoicing models in 2019 in LATAM
New e-Invoicing models in 2019 in LATAM
Several Latin American countries such as Guatemala, Panama or Paraguay are developing their e-invoicing models. These countries follow in the wake of others with more advanced systems such as Mexico, Brazil or Chile.
These are the main new features for 2019:
1. Guatemala. e-Invoicing in Guatemala is gearing up for gradual adoption of the new FEL model as of 2019. The Guatemalan Superintendency of Tax Administration (SAT) will progressively define the taxpayer segments and the terms for their incorporation into the FEL regime. Some 376 high-income taxpayers have been notified that they must adapt their accounting systems to online e-invoicing (FEL), and they will be the first ones obliged to implement the new system. The e-signature will be required in electronic invoices, as a mechanism of authenticity and non-repudiation of the same.
2. Colombia. From January 1, 2019, Large taxpayers defined in resolution 0076 of December 1, 2016 must comply with e-invoicing. Throughout 2019, DIAN will communicate implementation dates based on a schedule dividing companies by economic activity.
EDICOM, as a technology provider authorized by the DIAN to provide the e-billing service, has more than 20 years of experience in the electronic data interchange and e-invoicing sector. We provide integrated and automated solutions for the issuance, validation, declaration, sending and maintenance of electronic invoices, in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
3. Argentina. As of April 2019, e-invoicing in Argentina will be mandatory for all categories of taxpayers. Argentina is moving towards the mandatory massification of e-invoicing as of April 2019 with a new billing scheme, the Electronic Invoice Issuance System (RECE). The AFIP introduced modifications to the e-invoicing model through general resolutions 4290 and 4291.
- Learn all the details of e-invoicing in Argentina.
4. Panama. Panama continues with the voluntary period of adoption of e-invoicing, pending the legislation.
5. Paraguay. Paraguay is getting ready to start up its e-invoicing rollout project in the country. After the pilot project carried out in 2018 with 14 companies, the SET will now begin the period of controlled voluntary adhesion.
6. Peru. All businesses that are listed today as major taxpayers are required to use an OSE (Electronic Services Operator) as of March 1, 2019. Any company that is listed as a main contributor as of January 1, 2019 will have four months to migrate to the OSE model on a mandatory basis.
7. Uruguay: The e-invoice in Uruguay, known as Electronic Tax Invoice, is adding improvements and new features to its XML schema defined by the DGI. After a period of gradual e-invoicing adoption, Uruguay will require 100% of taxpayers to use this system in 2019.
8. Bolivia: SIN published on Feburary 4th, 2019, a note to inform about the postponement until "more or less August" of the implementation of the Electronic Invoicing System (SFE). The dates were initially scheduled to begin the phased implementation by groups of taxpayers as of March 2019, but now we will have to wait for the new schedule.
9. Ecuador: Resolution NAC-DGERCGC18-00000431 details the start date of the obligation to issue electronic invoices for some taxpayers as of January 1, 2019.
Meeting the requirements of each e-invoicing model
The main challenge for companies operating with different Latin American countries is being able to comply with the different obligatory conditions found in each model. The processes of sending and receiving e-invoices can become complex if you do not have a technological provider capable of guaranteeing the correct issuance and receipt of these e-documents, in compliance with each legislation.
These are the main advantages of the EDICOM Global Platform:
- The solution integrates with the company's ERP to automate VAT returns and any other tax-related communication.
- The platform is suitable for tax compliance in more than 60 countries worldwide, so all the procedures can be centralized in a single solution.
- EDICOM Platform is not only ready for e-VAT statements, but also for e-invoicing and any other business or tax communications.
- The platform complies with each country’s specific technical and legal requirements when forwarding the information to the tax authority. By outsourcing and automating this process in a single platform, the client gains in flexibility and speed and can rest assured that the information reaches the public agency in question correctly.
- The EDICOM platform has different certificates such as ISO 27001, ISO20000, ISAE 3402 or TIER II DESIGN. The commitment acquired by EDICOM with all its customers through these certifications is none other than to provide the maximum security guarantees and uphold the SLA undertaken by the company, which stipulates a minimum solution availability of 99.9%.
More information on e-invoicing at EDICOM Global e-Invoicing Platform.
A single solution that lets you issue electronic invoices in any country worldwide